Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Initial Response

Posted by Al Gordon on October 01, 1998 at 09:32:03:

In Reply to: Landlord Won't Make Repairs But Wants His Rent (and has a go-between to collect rent and complaints!) posted by Kika on September 30, 1998 at 16:49:58:

BUREAUCRACY. The first thing you should do is get information before jumping into action. Call up the (DHCR) Dept of Housing (be prepared to be put on hold for ages). Give them your address and ask them if your building is 'rent-stabilized' or 'rent-controlled'. Also ask them about Paint/Hot Water/Heat requirements. They may offer to mail you information. You may legitimately give them any desired mailing address other than your home. This is a first step intended to get you properly informed and for you to get a feel for the upcoming bureaucracy heading your way.
OCT 1, 98.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name