Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Rent Overcharge

Posted by Andre on October 17, 1998 at 09:53:57:

I rent a stabilized apartment in New York City. Recently, I found
out that my landlord nearly tripled the rent from the last tenant.
I talked to a tenants' rights organization, and they said I have two
options : withhold rent and take my landlord to court, or file
with the DHCR. Does anyone have any recommendations for either
method? Any personal experiences with DHCR or housing court?

Thanks for any help.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name