Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

to the pimple a/k/a " . "

Posted by Mr. Pro Se on November 04, 1998 at 00:19:28:

In Reply to: Re: Chimney repairs posted by . on November 03, 1998 at 22:19:39:

To the person known as " . " Before you say that I am giving out false information you better read up on the law and understand it fully and completely with respect to tenants rights as I do. That tenant is entitled to a rent reduction based upon the loss of a service " the fireplace ".

I suggest you read the information regarding tenants rights here at Tenant Net and also on the atty general web page mentioned on the posts this month. The warranty of habitability is a different matter unless the fireplace becomes dangerous and spews forth smoke and debris into the apartment. In this case, the fireplace is an added service that was working when the tenant moved in and now does not work. It is no longer the same apartment. It does not have a working fireplace and it must be fixed at the landlord's expense or he gets a rent reduction plain and simple. Even if the fireplace does not work now due to normal wear and tear of use, the landlord is still required to fix it. If you are a frightened little fool, please don't pass along your fears and doubts to others. ok " . " ??

With respect to the data base be advised that most landlords belong to the
Rent Stabilization Association and as members they have the right to have a LT court record check done for a small fee.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name