Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Lease Violation

Posted by Patrice C. on November 13, 1998 at 11:23:09:

Dear TenantNet:
Could you please give me some direction on the "Notice of Lease Violation" (Dallas, TX) that I
received on November 3, 1998. This memo was placed on my door when I came home from work.
It states that I have made the following violation of my lease which states has been reported or
discovered: "Littered patio", the explanation reads; remove ladder and mop. The problem that I have
with this is. 1) I've lived at this property, in the same apartment for 9 years, this particular
Management Company (Merit) has been here for 2-2 1/2 years. The mop and ladder have been in
the same place for 9 years. 2) We do not have any storage space whats so ever, in my hallway
(when entering) is a closet for coats, umbrella's, etc. I would suppose it's the legal, normal size, which
is barely big enough for the coats and umbrella's, it certainly couldn't accommodate a ladder and a
mop as well. Then the notice also states that I need to take the necessary action to correct the
foregoing problem immediately. If I fail to make the necessary corrections on a timely basis, it will
require additional action as outlined in the TAA Lease contract. 3) I did not see this particular item,
section stated in my Lease Agreement.

My question is, what is the worst that can happen if I do not remove my ladder and mop from my
patio?? Is this a legal violation?? Your expertise help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Chandra
Dallas, TX

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name