Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Need a way out of lease 6 months early

Posted by Mike McKee on November 13, 1998 at 22:05:23:

In Reply to: Need a way out of lease 6 months early posted by Kimberly on November 10, 1998 at 19:06:05:

: Here's the situation, we just don't want to live here anymore. We decided we'd be able to better support ourselves if we moved back to our hometown 500-some miles away. Rent there is cheaper and my husband wouldn't have to work 60-65 hours a week to support us. We are in a 12 month lease (I think it's considered public housing) and trying to find a good way out.
: Here's what we've come up with so far: we could tell them he's being relocated by his job to another state, tell them that there's a family emergency that needs our attention for an extended period of time out of state, tell them about my husband's second job and hope that takes us over the required income level and hope that they tell us we need to move out in a month.
: Yes there was a certain income requirement when we moved in. To QUALIFY to live here you must make between a certain amount of money. Well, we weren't sure how low or high those standards were set and we really wanted to live here at the time so we only told them about my husband's first job. Could someone please tell me which is the safest and surest way to get us moved out of here before Christmas???
: Any help is greatly appreciated!!

You could tell the Feds they let you in even though they knew about
the income over-qualification. Or you could just move and give them
a Mexican forwarding address.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name