Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Security Deposite & Additional Charge

Posted by landlord hater on November 29, 1998 at 14:39:20:

In Reply to: Re: Security Deposite & Additional Charge posted by vijay on November 28, 1998 at 23:53:26:

: They are threatening to screw up my credit history. Can they really do that? I have paid all my rents on time.

: Regards

First, they would need a judgement against you in court. They have to serve you in California. Do you think they will go that far?? Even so, you have the right to correct any credit report by adding a statement as to the the bad credit notice. I strongly feel that it is a bluff. Forget them and move forward with your life. Develop good landlord tenant relations in California and pay all your credit card bills on time. Do not dwell on the crap you left behind !! Move forward and do not look back until you are forced to. You cannot live your life with FEAR of a bunch of monkeys that CLAIM this and that etc. You may want to subscribe to a credit reporting service sold through credit cards that give you 3 reports a year and also alert you immediately of any negative statements. Before they can touch your credit they need to serve you with legal papers and win a case. Do you have a relative or friend that can stand in for you if they serve papers? If not, don't lose any sleep over it.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name