Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Day Care Facility in Apartment

Posted by Mark Smith on December 14, 1998 at 09:37:09:

In Reply to: Re: rent stabalized laws posted by richard on December 13, 1998 at 14:33:47:

: : I have moved from a rent stabilized apartment to another. I am a family daycare provider which means I take care of about 6 to 8 children before and after school. My landlord says that I am violating my lease because I am running a Daycare center in my home. I do not have a center, but I am a licensed proveder. His lawyer has served me with yet another "paper" this time with an eviction notice. I just don't know what to do. I had no problem in my previous place and I know several others who live in rent stabilized apartments who are also providers. Please help!

loudrich1@earthlink.net (richard) replied, in part:

lets try this:.......here is a case that supports you and your ability to be an in home day care provider, ...but practically, if you are not disturbing the neighbors, and if your clients reside in the building then you really have some good brownie points to make, but if the neigbors are complaining, such as if you were over me and i worked an overnight shift and had to sleep all day, i would be complaining a lot....

4/24/96 N.Y.L.J. 27, (col. 3)
New York Law Journal
Volume 215, Number 79

IS 27 THE N.Y.L.J. PAGE NUMBER, RICHARD? Giving the entire text of the case is great, but you should also give the citation: Sorkin v. Cross, N.Y.L.J, 4/24/96, p. 27, col. 3.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name