Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Fire

Posted by kwallach on December 27, 1998 at 17:39:21:

In Reply to: Fire posted by Balee on November 21, 1998 at 20:22:10:

: There was a fire in the apartment below. As a result the structure to mine is also condemmed and i have to find a new place. Can I get the landlord to pay for the relocation cost and realtor's fee or can I claim it from her insurance company.
: Do I have any rights in this case?
: Thanks

Ihave the same situation. Since I am rent stabilized, I want to landlord-tenent court 220 Livinston St Brooklyn and filed a Housing preservation action for $35.00. This got the landlord to make repairs quickly and I should be back in my apt shortly because if ll does'nt make repairs he will be fined about $100 a day. I didn't need a lawyer as the court acts in the tenent's behalf. I didn't have renter's insurence and I'm wondering what to do about damages. I was told to go to small claims court by a tenents org--they said this will get the ll's insurence company to act. I would appreciate help in getting info on damages.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name