Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent Stabilized Eviction

Posted by DK on December 28, 1998 at 18:45:55:

In Reply to: Re: Rent Stabilized Eviction posted by Elizabeth on December 24, 1998 at 08:14:25:

You cannot be evicted until the landlord brings an eviction proceeding against you. Wait until you get served with the notice of petition which will tell you when to appear in court. Show up on that date in the courtroom indicated and tell the judge what happened. You will probably settle the case at that time by agreeing to a renewal lease.

In the meantime, you might send your landlord a letter reminding of your willingness to sign a renewal lease. By the way, since you cannot be evicted without a court proceeding, and the landlord cannot obtain a rent increase until four months after you receive your renewal notice, what are you concerned about?
: : : I never refused to sign the lease , the landlord, kept putting it off. Now what do I have to do to stop the eviction. Should I file something in court?
: : Of course, go to court and tell the judge that you've always wanted to sign the renewal lease!

: Is there a specific form or court order to be filed?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name