Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: want tub reglazed

Posted by DK on December 29, 1998 at 18:42:14:

In Reply to: want tub reglazed posted by Melissa Wynn on December 29, 1998 at 18:34:12:

If you are subject to rent stabilization, I would file a reduction in services complaint with DHCR.

It is possible that an inspector from the Department of Housing Preservation and Development would write a violation for the general "failure to maintain" if the inspector agrees that the tub should be reglazed.

Reglazing often creates new problems if the glaze does not adhere perfectly to the old tub. Bubbles and peeling start. So if you reglaze yourself and there's a problem, you take the risk that the landlord will complain that you damaged the tub by trying to reglaze it. If there is no problem with your reglazing job, it is very unlikely that a judge would find that your effort was a substantial breach of the lease. But you can never be sure!

: I need my bathtub reglazed. The managing agent looked at it and said it looked ok to him.I asked if I could pay out of my own pocket to have it done and he said no.I don't understand.Do I have to get the landlord's permissionfor improvements?If I do improve the tub can they evict me? I'm in a rent stabilized apartment.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name