Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Any laws against guests?

Posted by Will on March 24, 1999 at 18:06:44:

In Reply to: Re: Any laws against guests? posted by Racheal on March 24, 1999 at 17:43:05:

Your link probably comes directly here...try this one.

Will

: Thanks for your response. I am posting from the other side of the coast
: (San Francisco, California) so the laws might be different from state to
: state. Is this site specifically for the East Coast Area. If so, does
: anyone have any referrals for this side.
: Racheal

:
: Its helps to know where you are posting from. Here in NYC its NOT against any law to have a guest. Matter of fact you're allowed one permanent roommate and one relative (each can have children I believe). So you're really only limited by the size of the apartment with regards to the law. Any lease rider that states otherwise is illegal.
: : The roomate does not have succession rights to the lease.

:
: : Will

: : : I have an obviously lonely landlord who is complaining that I am breaking my rental agreegment by having my friend over more than 14 days
: : : out of the year. I have been living in my apartment complex for three years and my rental agreement does state that I can not have a
: : : "guest" over more than a certain amout of days because at that time the person would be considered a co-tenant. It was to my
: : : understanding that this meant consecutive days and not in spurts - for example, having a vistor for 3 days this week and 2 days the
: : : next week? Has anyone had any expereince with a landlord trying to enforce who and when someone can come over? Is there any type
: : : of legal rights I have. Any information woudl be very helpful. Take Care

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name