Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Stabilized AND Non-Stabilized Apts. in same building???

Posted by MikeW on March 31, 1999 at 11:51:33:

In Reply to: Stabilized AND Non-Stabilized Apts. in same building??? posted by Stacey on March 30, 1999 at 15:58:46:

Is the building a coop? If it is, once the tenant at the time of conversion moves out, the apartment becomes de facto deregulated. There is some new case law on this, and the situaion may change.

Is the rent over $2K, and/or are you or any of the previous tenants over the income limit for luxury decontrol?

Also, you can call or write DHRC, and they'll send you the rent history of the apartment. If it shows the unit is still regulated, you may be able to get your rent reduced and recover any overcharge amount.

: Hi,
: I just moved into a non-stabilized apartment. While chatting with my downstairs neighbor, I found out that her unit IS rent-stabilized. Further, my building is listed in the database on this site as being a rent-stabilized building. Is my landlord trying to pull one on me? Or is it within his rights to have a "mixed" building like this? Should I be concerned?
: -Stacey

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name