Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Payback's a bitch

Posted by John E. Marre on March 31, 1999 at 23:42:47:

In Reply to: Re: Payback's a bitch posted by Nick on March 30, 1999 at 17:48:25:

: The IRS does take tips seriously. I ought to know; I worked there for 10 years. But if you give them a baseless or groundless tip, one that clearly has no purpose other than harrassing the person you're trying to get them to audit, maybe they will audit you. After all, if you were in their shoes, what would you think of someone whe tries to use you to do their dirty work for them? If the tip seems legit, they should start an audit. If they find anything (such as security deposits seized for unpaid rent but not reported as income) they'll keep digging until they hit bottom.

Thanks Nick.
First, I would like to say that I come from a family full of landlords and that is one way that I know of what I speak.
Second, I AM NOT A LANLDORD MYSELF! (Not in today's NYC.)
Third, I certainly gave NO SPECIFICS when suggesting retaliation. I suggested that the imagination can be a marvelous tool when put to use.
Furthermore, I do not condone retaliatory measures against landlords in general. However, I am aware that "MOST" of today's landlords are deserving of retaliation in greater doses than those given. That is no one's fault but their own. They are a greedy, malicious bunch who simply don't realize that, if you give a tenant a comfortable place in which to live, the tenant will respond in a most appreciative manner. But landlords today would rather waste their income on lawyers representing them in courts of law, perjuring themselves beyond anyone's imagination, than to allow their tenants the dignity and respect deserved (in most, but not necessarily "all" cases, I'm sure.)
Last, I have reported landlords for purposefully and purposely derauding the IRS. The results were quite impressive. And I did not reap any of the alleged nasty windfalls.
It angers me that today's tenants can be so (and I use the term with great care) "stupid" and spineless when it comes to their rights. Landlords are living quite well on the rents collected and the write offs they lie about. Tenants NEED to educate themselves and stop running off like sheep to the slaughter when it comes to their HOMES.
Sorry.I do tend to become overly annoyed.
Again Nick, I do thank you for your response.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name