Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Noise!

Posted by Will on April 03, 1999 at 12:04:43:

In Reply to: Re: Noise! posted by John E. Marre on April 03, 1999 at 00:54:48:

I wholeheartedly agree....I'm also annoyed by the people in my neighborhood who let the car alarm go off while they are in the car getting the keys, and the insesant honking at all hours of the night. You're absolutely right I wish the police would enforce more of its rules about this...afterall, honking is supposed to be finable up to $350. Don't they want to make easy money. Car alarms too have 3 minute limits or else they are subject to towing....why no police action on this.

Will

: : I don't think it is an actual LAW: most leases contain anti-noise and/or carpet clauses. My lease requires 80% of the floors to be carpeted. Read your lease: your neighbors' lease is probably identical. Read the section on Noise from the main page of Tenant.net and also the sections on how to complain to the landlord. Use the search feature on this message board to read other suggestions about noise.

: There shouldn't have to be any LAWS concering noise and disturbing one's neighbors. Creating such disturbances is clearly an indication of poor parenting, poor breeding, and plain and simple stupidity (in the literal sense of the term). It is also quite clear that persons responsible for such disturbances are truly incapeable of co-habitating with other human beings and most definitely need to relocate to some romote region where they will better suited; preferably somewhere where they will have no contact with any human beings other than themselves.
: It will never cease to amaze me that, as of the recent past, particularly in NYC, that "new-comers" are under the impression that this is the "wild west" and that New Yorkers are a law-less bunch of calamity causing barbarians.
: I was born and raised in NYC. As a child and young adult, we had a "10-to-10" rule: No noise before 10am or after 10pm (stereo, TV, etc). Throghout the day, there was no running or stomping about the apartement AT ALL. I raised my child with the very same rule. And the ""day of the week" had nothing to do with the house rule. It was 24/7.
: This "noise" issue is inexcuseable. To put it simply, if one cannot live amongst human beings and respect their right to rest, realxation and "peaceful enjoyment" of their homes, then one is certainly in desperate need of getting out of this city.
: Comments and rebuttals are welcome.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name