Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord/getting a copy of the lease

Posted by Lee on April 06, 1999 at 08:56:59:

In Reply to: Landlord/getting a copy of the lease posted by Emily on April 03, 1999 at 22:34:53:

I had the same exact problem, and it was nearly two months before we finally got the lease. The management company told us that they only signed leases twice a month, that they were moving their office, and all sorts of other stuff. I quote from Will's response to my posting on March 12, 1999, "Technically you're a month to month tenant until you get a signed lease. Meaning either of you can give 30 days notice to terminate the arrangement. T think any future rent checks should should have "your address:agreed 1 month rent" in the memo section. To prevent him from playing rent games with you...." Hope this helps.

: When we signed our lease, the LL said he would get a signed copy of the lease to us. This was almost 4 weeks ago. I have left 2 written notes on his office door, both of which he has received. (he has mentioned them in passing). My husband has verbally reminded him as well. He says he's been busy with his business (I understand that) and I don't think he's being malicious about it, but after our last experience, I don't want to be without every possible piece of paperwork involved in our renting this place.

: Our rent is coming due for the month....is it within my right to leave him a message or call and say that he will receive the rent WHEN we receive our copy? Any other suggestions on how to get it????
: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name