Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: slumlord

Posted by Israel on April 07, 1999 at 14:07:40:

In Reply to: slumlord posted by JanBertot on April 05, 1999 at 14:45:18:

Go to the Tenants Rights FAQ section on this website, This will get you started in the direction you need to go. While you do recide in New Jeresy you should be able to find the same type of laws for your area. You should be able to take your landlord to court for lack of repairs. At lease try to visit your nearest Housing court house to gather information on the process. Beforwarnd, Landlord hire lawyers to intimidate tenants all the time, don't sign ANYTHING unless you have a your lawyer present.
I once made the mistake of signing an agreement offering me money to move out of my apartment (which sounded good at the time) and ended up spending money to move, but when it came to getting the money from the landlord.... and not receiving a penny (I still had the key so I moved back in and sue him) I took him to court for repairs and won. Landlord fined $14,000.

: In the State of New Jersey, isn't the landlord required to set up a bank account for the tenant with the security money given prior to moving in?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name