Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

I think you described it better

Posted by Will on April 10, 1999 at 17:40:51:

In Reply to: Re: To Will: 4 yrs to file OC & still tenants lose... posted by Anna on April 10, 1999 at 14:03:37:

What I called backdating...you called filing an amended paper with the correct dates...

You'll have to pardon me if I get this wrong...I AM NOT A LAWYER. I only got interested in this board because I was worried about my cats....who are doing fine by the way..this week it will be 3 months since I told the super...

Will

: from Hawk's 3/23 request:
: "or registration statements being added to the
: computer system and the filing date back dated.
: (That is the case I will present to the Attorney
: General.)"

: One thing that Will is describing are those anti-tenant statutes/amendments that first restrict the overcharge complaint to the last registration filed fours years prior to the OC complaint date and then the other one that states that, if the ONLY reason there could be an OC finding is the failure to file DHCR registrations, when if the missing registrations are filed before the court/DHCR decision, the OC disappears.

: So far, courts & DHCR have rules that if the rent increases were higher than allowed by RGB guidelines, the OC sticks.

: The statute actually says "proper registration", not just any old registration: tenants should point to any & all other reasons the registration and/or increass are not proper/legal such as:
: failure to offer/sign renewal lease
: incorrect data on either the apartment OR the BUILDING registration form: LL name, building status, dates, etc.
: and for coop/condo conversion regulated tenants: failure to provide registered or essential or other pre-conversion services: on the back of the form, the LL must certify that these are provided: false cert should equal not "proper" reg...
:
: I have yet to read any decisions using the above: any lawyers want test cases on these? (yes: I know some candidates....)

: (Will: can you be more specific about the 'backdating' and 2 years??)

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name