Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Sounds like confusion

Posted by Will on April 10, 1999 at 17:46:19:

In Reply to: Subletting posted by SJ on April 10, 1999 at 15:46:11:

To "do it" through your landlord and would mean a vacancy increase and you losing the apartment.

If you still want your aparmtment after all this then definately sublease. When you sublease a stabilized apt. you can only charge the person what you are renting unless its furnished then you can add 10%.
If you mean having the landlord accept that persons checks...I think that goes without saying if they approved the sublease...


: Is it legit for a landlord in a rent stabilized building to increase the rent to a subletter? That is, I am trying to sublet my apartment long term, and my landlord has said to go ahead and do it on my own since to go through her would raise the rent I would be have to charge. I'd rather go through her, since then everything is on the table, but i'm wondering what her rights are to increase the rent to the subletter? Does anyone know?
: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name