Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: falsly accussed..can i sue?

Posted by satori on April 10, 1999 at 20:37:38:

In Reply to: falsly accussed..can i sue? posted by stacie on April 07, 1999 at 21:17:39:

Of course you can sue, for Libel if they write false information about , you (the infraction notice)
that hurts your reputation.You can sue for slander if they say false
things about you that hurt your reputation.I am not a lawyer, you could
proably add more to your suit, then that. Usuaally lawyers will take
that sort of case where they get 1/3 if you win.Trying calling the bar
association its $25 for ahalf hour consultation.

: Today I received an infraction notice saying that a visitor and I disturbed othe tenants. The Infraction said it was because og an on going drug investigation by the police dept. I called him and asked him what the hell he was talking about. And he goes well werent the police at your house last week? I said no!! He goes you know nothing about this? I said no. and then he said well then give it back to me. I said no!! I also called the police dept and they said they werent investigating me. i DONOT do drugs. This could jeopordize my job and whatever elese. This is not the first time these ppl have harrassed me. There are like 4 of us now that have been written up for loud kids at 5-6 pm at night! They are kids. This is an apartment. Can i sue for harrasment? help!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name