Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: TAKING OVER THE PROPERTY

Posted by Mark Smith on April 14, 1999 at 01:42:41:

In Reply to: TAKING OVER THE PROPERTY posted by ANGEL BROWN on April 13, 1999 at 19:06:13:

You should take the offensive and sue the landlord for the balance of your February rent plus any other damages, because you were illegally evicted. The landlord prevented you from removing the rest of your belongings and doing the rest of the cleanup.

: We rented a house for 3 years until we purchased a home. We were under a lease until mar 99. We started moving out in jan of 99 before our second baby was due. We paid the rent on February 1st and on February 3rd we were locked out and not allowed on the property any longer. We still had things at the property and were planning to clean and tighty up. THe landlord claims we abandomed the property even though we were still going there everyday! THen we receive a bill from the Landlord's for 5,744.00 you would not believe the charges on this bill, things like lightbulbs missing, vinyl floor damaged (this is after 3 years of heavy appliances on it) cleaning up the yard, lighting of the pilot light, replacement of the carpet. The list goes on and on. Any one that has any knowledge of what our rights are I would appreicate the input. We certainly are not responsible for all the things they are charging for. I have had lawyers tell me that a judge will laugh them out of court for these charges. They have been sending us letters in the mail for 2 months now, I am ready to head to court to prove ourselves.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name