Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Go after the bar first

Posted by satori on April 16, 1999 at 22:05:25:

In Reply to: Go after the bar first posted by MikeW on April 16, 1999 at 10:03:46:

And don't forget to remind all the agencies, as well as the landlord has to put
sound proof boards on the floor and the walls, as to make it so its
livable for you.Insist that , it be done.Its your right.

: First file complaints about the bar with the DEP, the local community board, the State Liquor Authority, and maybe Dept of Consumer Affairs. They can fine and put other pressure on the bar to tone down its act.

: Second, notify the landlord that the problems caused by the bar constitute a breach of the warantee of habitability that is probably in your lease. Even if it is not written into the lease, I think it is a standard condition of tenancy. Either way, the problems may constitute legal grounds for reducing your rent and/or terminating the lease legally. You would probably want to consult a lawyer before doing this.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name