Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Help...apt. manager has a "faulty" memory!

Posted by Will on April 20, 1999 at 08:19:16:

In Reply to: Help...apt. manager has a "faulty" memory! posted by Alex on April 20, 1999 at 00:42:58:

if your lease says you have one spot you have one spot....she gave it you its yours until the lease expires. Since she has violated the lease tell her you may have grounds to terminate the entire lease agreement.

Will

: My room mate and I are first time renters, a bit naive, but we are not stupid!
: Our apt. manager has mis-informaed us and lead us on in regards to a few issues.
: She gave us the wrong laundry key (no biggie), took over 2 weeks to fix my shower (really upsetting), and
: gave us - and then took away - a parking spot because she gave it to a new tennant (outrageous!!!)!
: That is the straw that has broken our backs! Our lease says we currently have one spot, but she told us both that
: when a tennant moved out, and a spot opened up, it would be ours. So a tennant moved, and
: she gave us the spot. Now she says it was only temporary, and when we asked her about what she said in regards to us getting
: a spot when someone moved out, she said she never told us that. Although we have
: nothing in writing from her, our lease does not state that parking arangements are permanent. What can we do? We have
: gotten nowhere with her or her supervisor and want to go to the owner. The building also has no policy in
: regards to parking. Help!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name