Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Use of Stove, workmen entry

Posted by meadk on April 26, 1999 at 16:16:41:

I live in a Queens building with four units (3 are occupied) the owners/landlords are renovating the building and backyard.

There are often workmen unsupervised in the building, in my apt. and common areas. I was told I had to leave the door to my apt. unlocked for over a month during the day so the workmen could have free access to my apt. I reluctantly agreed. The work in my apt was recently completed. However there continues to be workmen in the backyard and common areas.

My roommate told (unexpected) workmen not to buzz our apt. to be let into the building-it was before 9:00 am on a weekend, I had not been notified they were coming and they were not doing work in my apt only in common areas of the building. My landlord came over later and told me I had to open the front door in the future, no matter what time. I told him it was not my responsibility. I don’t have to let strange workmen in-do I?

Also we have a gas stove in the kitchen and cooking gas is not billed to us directly. Our landlord charges us over $20 a month for cooking gas. This is not written into the lease and he does not show us the bill. Can he do this?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name