Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: You Can't Serve The Notice To Quit By Yourself

Posted by klewis on April 30, 1999 at 09:33:56:

In Reply to: You Can't Serve The Notice To Quit By Yourself posted by Mark Smith on April 29, 1999 at 23:16:57:

: I referred you to RPAPL §713(7) and RPAPL §735 about giving a 10-day notice to quit and how to serve it. I also gave you a link to Article 7 of the RPAPL from Tenant.net. Anna gave you a more up-to-date link from the New York State Assembly's website. Here is an even more direct current link, also clickable below, to RPAPL Article 7, from the Assembly website:
: http://assembly.state.ny.us/cgi-bin/claws?law=100&art=8

: You yourself can't serve the 30-day notice or a 10-day notice -- by hand and by certified mail. Someone other than you, the petitioner, must serve the notice. You will have to get a friend, neighbor, or process server to serve the notice to quit.

: 735 says, "Service of the notice of petition and petition shall be made by personally delivering them to the respondent..." Does it mean that someone other than me must "personally delivery them to the respondent?"
: : Thank you to everyone who's responded. You've been very helpful. I am going to accept the May rent (she pays cash) and on the next day hand her & send by certified mail the following letter. Am I covering all the bases:
: : Dear: Please be advised that I am revoking your month to month licensing agreement. This letter will serve as your official notification that you have 30 days from (DATE)to vacate the premises on ____. You will receive a check for your security deposit plus interest when leave the 4th floor room in the same condition as when you moved in, i.e. no holes, marks, scratches or gouges to the white walls or floors. You will be responsible for any damages caused by you or anyone else entering the apartment on your behalf. I will withold $75 towards your outstanding Con Ed and Cable TV. I will mail you a check for any balance due from the $75.00 If you fail to comply with this notification I will commence a licensee proceeding in court and seek reimbursement for all legal fees.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name