Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Where do I go for help? Where do you live?

Posted by Anna on May 06, 1999 at 09:59:48:

In Reply to: Where do I go for help? LL lawsuit is boogus, can't afford a lawyer posted by Stephanie on May 05, 1999 at 03:55:15:

: Ex landlord has sued us for damages to apartment, none of which occured. Also for last month's rent and $10 a day late fees for that entire month. Says he did not receive written notice to vacate, although admitted accepting verbal notice. Failed to provide lead disclosure and is in violation of many codes, building inspector was no help! When the case was taken to court the judge refused to listen and rolled eyes through entire court case. He through out damages because LL did not send us written notice of intent to keep security, however ordered us to pay $900. to LL. I can not afford a lawyer, however need legal representation. Where on earth do I go? Who do I contact. I really need some advice.

What city/state? sounds like NY...

Check the Tenant Organization listed from the homepage of Tenant.net. If Queens, use 'Queens' to search this message board: an unlisted org is there. If NYC Housing Court: did you speak to the free Pro Se lawyer?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name