Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: renovations: what city/state?

Posted by Anna on May 06, 1999 at 10:00:08:

In Reply to: reenovations posted by adam rader on May 04, 1999 at 16:28:06:

: When I moved into my apartment approx. 7 years ago, the prior tenant had been evicted for a number of reasons, including unauthorized reenovations. I moved into the apartment "as is" without removal of the prior tenant's reenovations. Now, I have had certain items removed as well as the carpet removed. The superintendent of the building performed the work for me and I paid him. The work done by the super has created some problems. There are some nails from the prior carpet which he was unable to remove; the floor is discolored in many areas requiring a polishing at least, and perhaps installation of a new floor in some areas. The telephone wiring, previously tucked underneath the carpet, is now running accross the floor and it seems re-wiring is required. Is it the Landlords's responsibility to pay for further work required to fix the floor (especially removal of the nails) and to re-wire the telephone wires? If so, how can I make the Landlord live up to that responsibility. Any advice would be appreciated.

what to do depends on where the apt is...

did you read anything on the tenant.net homepage?

if NY, use search on this message board to find earlier discussions on repairs, warranty of habitability, etc.
if not NY, use the name or abbreviation of your home state to search.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name