Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

escrow account

Posted by Diane on May 08, 1999 at 21:12:29:

I recently rented a house in Pa and at signing gave the rental agent 2 checks. The 1st was for 2 months rent, I believe a security month and last month rent. The second was the 1st month rent. I also gave a seperate $200 check for pet fee, refundable.
I received an irate call from the landlord because I deducted $17.00 for a trap pipe under the sink that needed fixing. It had developed a leak. He was furious that I had broken his pipe and then fixed it without his knowledge. I was under the impression from the rental agent that they would be happy if we made minor repairs. The landlord is a young fellow in financial difficulties. Two mortgages, 4 kids, the works. He lives in another state.
Dad came over and agreed the kid over-reacted and said we should call him for any repairs.
My question, I have not received an escrow statement from the landlord. When I asked him he said the name of the bank is on the lease and that is all that is required. I double checked the lease and only the security month is listed as in escrow. Doesn't he have to put the last month there as well? I just got the cancelled checks back and they were both deposited into the same account. Have I lost my escrow? What next, this kid is a real rude jerk.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name