Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

How much intrusion is "reasonable"?

Posted by Pam on May 09, 1999 at 06:24:14:

Many of the tenants in my apartment complex are having serious problems with our leasing agent and the management. I was told on Friday that I have to have my bedroom closet cleaned out by Monday so that maintenance can tear apart to closet to look for a boiler leak. My next door neighbor was given one day to move from her apartment to a different apartment because her home is going to be demolished to find the same leak. She spent most of last week with men in her house tearing down her walls because the neighbors above her had a problem with their electricity. Two other families lost their electricity for at least 3 days. They were given no notice. The leasing agent doesn't like me as a person, and she doesn't like my housekeeping habits. (Yes, I'm a slob, but I don't have bugs or dangerous living conditions, just a mess) When she barged into my apartment on Friday to tell me that it was MY turn to be invaded, she also spent a good 15 minutes telling me I was a terrible person because my home isn't immaculate. She stated that management had been coming into my apartment on a regular basis. This was the first I knew of it. They are in violation of the portion of my lease agreement which states that if management enters a home the either have to give notice before or immediatly after entrance. She also told me I had a pet violation. I had a caged rabbit and a hampster belonging to my daughter. She told another neighbor that caged pets were not a problem, and allows her to keep birds, turtles, rats, and mice. She plays favorites in her enforcement of "her" rules. Several of us are thinking about filing a class action lawsuit against management because formal complaints against this woman have gone unheeded. Can someone tell us where to start? I'm in the Denver metro area.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name