Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: first test new search engine

Posted by Anna on May 10, 1999 at 13:37:49:

In Reply to: Please test new search engine posted by TenantNet on May 10, 1999 at 01:08:37:

: http://tenant.net/.WWW/Architext/AT-Forumquery.html

: This is in testing right now to possibly replace the search
: function in the forum. This will search ONLY the forum
: archives. Please test it out as much as possible. (and please
: remind me to install the reindexing feature in about a week).
: It appears this form will only return the top 20 results (I
: may try to make that more) and the red icon on the search results page will lead you to similar messages. We'll log all responses to the testing, but it might take a while to get the fixes as next weekend is already booked up!

I used the old search from the top of the page and the new one using your URL; searched for 'overcharge'. I suspect something is wrong with the search parameters: the new search returned only messages that had 'overcharge' in the SUBJECT line, ignoring all with 'overcharge' in the body, but not in the subject. The message body is what really counts most: we can find 'overcharge' in the subject ourselves by using our browsers' 'find' feature in each archive (tedious but do-able...) Also: it has a strange way of rating things: they were rated at 70% match and below, shouldn't they have been 100%?!?

PS: the old search seems to have returned them in reverse date order this time, very good idea!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name