Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rental Nightmares: Champaign IL

Posted by anne swanigan on May 14, 1999 at 19:49:30:

In Reply to: Re: Rental Nightmares: Champaign IL posted by Anna on May 14, 1999 at 11:14:59:

: : I have had 2 major fiaso's in my short 4 year renting history. The first was being illegally evicted from my apartment (ie: I was there on the day the lease was "supposed to end", came home to find painters/carpenters throwing my stuff out the door. When I asked what was going on, being a naive 20 year old, was told that I'd "better leave quickly before they had to call the police." I called a cab, threw all my stuff into the trunk, and moved into my new sublet, leaving behind jewlery, food, and even cash that the rental agency denied was in the apartment.) The second was my current rental where birds fly out of the walls and service men just show up and open up your door walking in on you. They claim in Champaign (IL.) rental agencies do not have to give notice. It's amazing! We pay all this money to be treated so horribly. I wish there was something that I could do.

: ??????????????????????????????

: Have you clicked on Illinois on TenantNet's homepage?

check out the Minnesota statues... Wisconsin's are simliar to them... it should give you some ammunition against your landlords

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name