Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Questions about Rent Stabilized Apt

Posted by Mark Smith on May 19, 1999 at 01:18:15:

In Reply to: Questions about Rent Stabilized Apt posted by David on May 18, 1999 at 15:32:54:

You don't say what month in 1995 the apartment was registered. Because of the four-year statute of limitations for challenging a rent registration, your time may already be up or may expire soon.

: My building in the east village is rent stabilized and recently the apartment next to me came up for rent. I inquired about the rent and it was only $300 more a month than my one bedroom. I presently pay $1300 for my apartment and have lived here for over 3 years. I checked into the rental history of my apartment and found out that in 1983 it was $300 a month. In 1994 it was vacated and 1995 the rent went up to $1000 a month. There were some rennovations done to the apartment but Im not sure if the rent increase was justifiable because of the rennovations.

: My main question is "Am I paying too much rent for this apartment?" My landlord is quite difficult and is currently being investigated by the DA's office for forging a lease to open a commercial space in the building. Do I have a case against him? Thanks for any help with this situation.

: David

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name