Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Questions about Rent Stabilized Apt

Posted by David on May 19, 1999 at 13:42:10:

In Reply to: Re: Questions about Rent Stabilized Apt posted by Mark Smith on May 19, 1999 at 01:18:15:

: In 1993 the lease ran from 08/01/1992 to 07/31/1994 and the rent was $364.78. In 1994 the lease begins on 06/01/1993 and has no ending date because the apt is listed as Leas/Rnl, Vac/leas, Imprvt and the rent is 1056.25. In 1995 the lease begins on 09.01.1994 and goes through 08.31.1995 and the rent is listed as 1092.00. These are the figures from the apartment registration info sheet I received from the city. Thanks and hope this may answer future questions.

David

: You don't say what month in 1995 the apartment was registered. Because of the four-year statute of limitations for challenging a rent registration, your time may already be up or may expire soon.

:
: : My building in the east village is rent stabilized and recently the apartment next to me came up for rent. I inquired about the rent and it was only $300 more a month than my one bedroom. I presently pay $1300 for my apartment and have lived here for over 3 years. I checked into the rental history of my apartment and found out that in 1983 it was $300 a month. In 1994 it was vacated and 1995 the rent went up to $1000 a month. There were some rennovations done to the apartment but Im not sure if the rent increase was justifiable because of the rennovations.

: : My main question is "Am I paying too much rent for this apartment?" My landlord is quite difficult and is currently being investigated by the DA's office for forging a lease to open a commercial space in the building. Do I have a case against him? Thanks for any help with this situation.

: : David

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name