Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

to Mark Smith re message cut-off

Posted by TenantNet on May 22, 1999 at 13:50:04:

On 5/15 you indicated that a lengthy message you posted was
cut off prematurely. As far as I can tell, there's nothing in the software that checks for a certain length and/or limits the message length. I just did a check (look for a followup message dated today under the 5/01 message "April Messages Archived").
I copied your message (the part that was posted) to the windows clipboard and inserted it in the post window. I repeated it six times separated by dividers and numbered 1-6. I then posted that message that was six times the length of your message and the entire length came through without problem. So in this instance it seems it was not cut off. So what caused your message to be cut-off? I don't know. If the entire message shows up in the text box, and also in the preview window and message added window, then it should be completely posted. Could there have been a problem when you did your copy/paste of the original article? I know this also happened when you tried to post another article regarding AG Spitzer. Could you try to replicate it under my test message (as a followup) and also as a new post?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name