Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: help my life is being disrupted: where???

Posted by Anna on May 29, 1999 at 18:19:16:

In Reply to: help my life is being disrupted posted by Evelyn on May 26, 1999 at 21:30:34:

: My new landlord wants to renovate the building. His plans include breaking through my front door and cutting off the use of the entrance that I've been using for fifteen years. He wants to break through a common wall with an ajoining building and have me use that building's stairway. Mind you the other stairway is extremely narrow and will not accomadate me if I need to move out my furniture.

probably not kosher: see answer to 5/29 post: needs a Work Permit to do this type of work. if NYC, probably will need new registrations everywhere after combining two buildings: DoB, HPD, DHCR, etc.

: Also the fire escape in the other building is sealed shut. We have two children and I worry about their safety.

more than likely illegal: call your local fire station ASAP: or go over in person: they're really nice people, always willing to help prevent fire tragedies.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name