Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Lead Paint: Help needed against Vallone's bill

Posted by Anna on June 17, 1999 at 21:21:44:

I'm back!

I noticed that a lot of people have signed up with my email service... I expect a nice fat check is in the mail...

Tenant.net has been alerting us to the fact that NYC's good-but-not-enforced lead paint laws are in danger of being seriously weakened by this new Vallone bill. Our current laws protect only those tenants who have young children: we should be expanding those laws to protect adults too, not removing their teeth, like Vallone is doing. What YOU don't know about lead can destroy the brain and motor functions of a loved one, as it did to mine. Please get involved NOW. Read about lead paint DUST hazard, a bigger threat than paint chips and being removed from our laws by Vallone. If you do nothing else, at least read the two little stories on the first page of HUD's new booklet, click below.

Does anyone have the email addresses of the people in Tenant.net's letter (posted separately: hope that's ok with you TN) ? I would gladly send them all HUD material right now... or early tomorrow morning... What if 100 people sent emails to all of them? Some of their email addresses are posted somewhere: anyone have time tonight to find them?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name