Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Another question re: Eviction in Supreme Court

Posted by Pat on June 18, 1999 at 06:55:22:

I am a tenant second floor in a building with a c of o saying it is a two-family with store (it is really a six-family and should fall under regulation) However, they are trying to evict me in Supreme Court by claiming I live on the FIRST FLOOR. The first floor is an illegal apartment (store on c of o, converted to apartment) Of course, I can prove that I live on the second floor, but in that case don't they first have to serve me with a thirty-day noitce? My lawyer was fired from his law firm in the middle of my case so I really need to know the facts before I trust another attorney. Also can I sue them for back rent in a separate action? I paid two rents for three years believing I lived in a co-op and that I was a sub-tenant. If I can sue them, can I go to landlord/tenant court instead of the costly Supreme Court?

Please help me if you can. My entire case was turned into a mess by my last attorney and I really need to know what I am doing before I hire another one.

Thanks,

Pat

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name