Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Have even called the Mayor's office

Posted by Pat on June 25, 1999 at 10:52:01:

I live in a 6-f building, overcharged for three years because the c of o says its a two-family bldg. Obviouslyl they bought building illegally because the c of o is very old, and doesn't match deed description. I have called DOB, they came down but would only look at portion of bldg. with the c of o (There are two bldgs connected to form a six) I have called HPD, they came down and also issued violations on 1/2 with c of o. NO one will look in the basement to see that buildings are connected. I have pictures, documentation etc. DHCR would not do a building history because they only go back four years. For twenty years these people have gotten away with an unregistered, unregualted six family multi-dwelling. And when I am thrown out, they will continue to get away with it. My lawyer says I must prove it is a six, because they are using one of the apartments as an office (but it is an apartment). They won't even admit its an MD, but use 1943 c of o which calls it a two-family with store. I can't even move because they have a Supreme Court summons against me for the back rent they refused to accept. I have called these agencies, and gone in person for eight months. There is forty years of documents missing from the building folder - so much for research. How do I get these people to come down here and LOOK at everything? I need someone to enter the office and see that there are apartment walls dating back forty or fifty years and a gas meter to that apartment (I have photos of the meters but they ignore them)
Won't be here long enough to prove this because my lawyer says if I can't prove its a six, I will be evicted.

Pat

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name