Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlords Praise New Housing Judges

Posted by Phil on July 14, 1999 at 09:26:32:

In Reply to: Landlords Praise New Housing Judges posted by Mark Smith on July 13, 1999 at 20:07:26:

I asked the question at a housing conference last year.Is the court pro-landlord?
And the tenant attorney said the court is very much pro landlord. So the information I have makes me to believe that there was not much of a shakeup from pro-landlord to tenant. I don't mean to be critical of some that give advice here, but the real issues,should be how the real estate industry has
in a sense bribed the political , legislative, and judcicial process.

In the name of the free market.Alot of these real estate giants in NYC fail to ,see that in the US corporations use to be illegal before 1900.And people went along way to just get basic rights. For example, when our country was founded, only landowners could vote.

When I went to the RGB meetings I seen that a majority of the landlords were not even from this country . So they probaly have values that are similar to the landlords back in 1776 that wanted there rights more over tenants.

What we really should be studying the positive values of things like tenant.net,
our tenant history, and the value of those that have been sucessful in dissent here, and use it to win our next battle in Albany.Becuase for the real estate industry if they can pull off this con job they will make at least 2 billion dollors.

And not get caught up in things like is this person with the tenant movement is to radical or conservitave. It will not be easy becuase people that won the right to vote had a common thing like they could rally upon being all black or a women, or disabled.But housing issues make up a color of everyone.And you can be sure the public relations firms they hire know this. If they work in politics they study polls,in fact they have thwe whole sophisication of the political process of a politican getting elected on there side. And more money .I like to think I'm a sort of an advocate for tenant rights(sometimes) and no one on either side is banging on my door to give me funding.I'm not interested in being a tenant advocte but if I was one of the things I would need is money( for lobbying) and a legal team, and organization team.Simply put they have more money then use. America has become a plutocracy, look at our booming stock market, and we have become a one dollor one vote country by allowing the landlord real estate industry and incorporation status in the first place.You can be sure if we tenants bribed officials landlords would be screaming . landlords do it today and its the American dream in action. somethings wrong with that notion.

: From the New York Law Journal, Wednesday, July 14, 1999:

: http://www.nylj.com/stories/99/07/071499a4.htm

: or click on the link below:

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name