Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Job for Police

Posted by MikeW on July 19, 1999 at 12:28:41:

In Reply to: Drug Use by Tenants posted by Tracey on July 15, 1999 at 17:19:47:

Even if the LL wanted to evict, he'd probably need police reports confirming the drug activity.

There's really no way around it. This is a police matter. Either move or stand up to them.

: California: I live in a small complex (12 units). Tenants of 3 of the units sell drugs for a living and in 2 units,
: the occupants are doing drugs out in the open -- in the daylight. Landlord/Owner was notified. He stated that he could
: do nothing about it -- he didn't know it before hand. He said to inform the police. I'm a single mom with 2 small kids -- I can't
: risk the retribution. I called Fair Housing for my City -- they said either call the police or move. Unless the Landlord actually
: see's what is happening, there is nothing that can be done. The kiker is, by law, he's NOT required to do anything. What can
: I do? What can he be made to do? This just doesn't seem right. And yes I am looking for a place. Please email me if you can
: help: thutson@westernasset.com

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name