Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Faulty Wiring--Landord is fixing himself

Posted by Pam on July 19, 1999 at 17:09:53:

In Reply to: Re: Faulty Wiring--Landord is fixing himself posted by MikeW on July 19, 1999 at 12:26:20:

The little area we're in doesn't have the manpower to inspect under these circumstances they say.
After the letter we sent, he sent one back stating he's going to sue us for not reporting the electrical problems in writing earlier (we've been doing it verbally and he's been responding by doing it himself), and the result was damage to the water heater.
We're meeting with an attorney tomorrow.

: I assume City of Dallas has a Buildings Department that enforces building codes. My guess is that even if he DIYs the repairs, he still needs to get them inspected by a certified electrician. I would file a complaint, and see what happens.

: : Its just a way of doing business in the South....He does the work himself, then claims he paid Thousands of dollars of repair
: : expenses on his income taxes then He has a buddy write him up reciepts... And you an I as taxpayers pick up the tab!
: : Do you pay your rent in cash????
: :

: :
: : : We're in Dallas, Texas. We clearly have faulty wiring. Breaker trips routinely, ac goes out, water heater goes out.Eventually the electric water heater wiring fried because of the short at the breaker.
: : : He has been coming in trying to repair it himself and he is not an electrician.
: : : His repairs now seem to be holding up, but we're nervous about his do-it-your-self abilities.
: : : We have three children and just want out.
: : : We sent a registered letter demanding a certified electrician, but haven't heard back.
: : : Can we break the lease?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name