Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

LL allows other tenants onto property.

Posted by Kay on July 22, 1999 at 19:36:33:

I recently wrote my LL asking for repairs and telling her NOT to call me to fix other tenants electrical problems, etc. (There is no Maintenance person, so she calls us to fix leaks and blown fuses, etc).
She fixed most of the items that I had asked for, but is now making unreasonable demands.
She has informed me that the tenant on other side of duplex "Owns" a spot in my driveway and I am not allowed to park my cars there. (House is split in two - with a driveway on my side and a driveway on the other. The other side is broken up into two apartments, while mine is the ONLY one on this side. The #1 apartment dweller uses the driveway adjacent to #1 and 1A. I am now being told (out of the blue) that tenant #1A is entitled to park in my driveway. We have seperate addresses and I assume that Tenants 1 and 1A would park in #1 Driveway and ME Tenant #2 was entitled to my entire driveway. Where do I stand in New Hampshire?? Not mentioned anywhere in the lease. Again we have seperate addresses. I rent 2 Elm Street, and they rent 1 and 1A Elm street. Are they entitled to be on my property? I thought when I signed the lease for 2 Elm Street it encompassed all of 2 Elm street. Parking is mentioned but only that cars must be registered and can not park on the grass. Help?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name