Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Doorman refusing to accept my packages

Posted by Willard on July 29, 1999 at 08:40:18:

In Reply to: Doorman refusing to accept my packages posted by Frankie on July 28, 1999 at 15:52:14:

I believe if you are legal roomate the landlord can't deny you the same services or access that leasees get. I believe there was just a court case about this. But I suspect you may not be legal. Can you detail who the roomates are with respect to lease holder. Related? not related? Read the link ANNA posted below it covers roomates.

Willard

: I live in a 4BR apartment with 3 other people. The person whose name is on the lease has been in and out of court for years with the bldg owner over various matters (he's lived there 22 years RS and they want him out). Anyway, I asked one of the doormen yesterday about a package I was expecting from UPS and was told that, per the bldg manager, they were not to accept any packages, dry cleaning, etc. for anyone in the building whose name is not on a lease. Can they do this? I've lived there 10 months and it was never an issue as to whether they'd accept a package or dry cleaning for me. I don't know how they can say theyll accept things for one person, but not another. Any suggestions?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name