Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: restaurant underneath my apt!?!?!? Work Permit

Posted by Anna on August 16, 1999 at 13:39:40:

In Reply to: restaurant underneath my apt!?!?!? posted by M. Martin on August 16, 1999 at 13:21:50:

: The landlord of our Lower East Side tenement building appears to be converting the space directly beneath
: my apartment into a restaurant. The tenants of the building have not been notified that the space has eben leased,
: or by whom, or what sort of business it is to be.
: The noise from construction is already unbearable,
: and the street noise from other recently-opened establishments is already almost too much to take.
: having a busy nightlife establishment directly beneath the bedroom floor will basically make my apartment unlivable.
: Does anyone know what rights tenants have when a restaurant or bar is built beneath their aparmtent?
: Is there any way to stop it? How can I find out?

First: go out to the sidewalk: is there a Work Permit posted? (issued by the Dept of Buildings) If not, call them ASAP to request a Work Stoppage. If there is a Work Permit, read it very carefully: you'll then know what is going on... and you'll be able to learn more by going to the Dept og Buildings itself at 60 Hudson. Start with their website, in the drop-down list: http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name