Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

...........TO JP..........

Posted by richard on August 20, 1999 at 23:38:20:

In Reply to: I don't want to leave my apartment posted by JP on August 19, 1999 at 07:43:02:

I reread this and JP What makes you think that the LL owes you an Apartment?

The LL did you a favor your husband moved out...good riddens.......He let you have an apartment at a reasonable rent,
Its obvious the problem is YOUR HUSBAND...... he must have pissed off the LL and doesnt want him there....

Since you will never have enough money to buy you own place, just think how you would react if you had to deal with
Totally selfish, inconsiderate slugs like you.... He doesnt want you there

So if he raises the rent $500 its his right to.

Its his home and if you want to live there BUY IT FROM THE LANDLORD!

....This should give all you tenant slugs a warning, BE nice to the LL, pay your rent with a SMILE!
Ask nicely if things break, dont call him up at all hours for minor things, Hey its because
New York City has the worst housing crisis in 30 years

SO...you have to play by his rules....If he doesnt like you or your husband...
Why should he be forced to look at you two?

There are enough tenants who he will like out there....so my advice:

GET RID OF THE HUSBAND OR MOVE!

***********************************************************************************
************************************************************************************
: Help folks! This is long so bear with me.
: My husband signed a 6 month lease in October 1997. He moved out and left the status
: of the apartment up in the air. I went to the landlord (he lives in the house) and
: asked about the renewal. I was told that due to disagreements with my husband they
: were not renewing. I explained my situation and they agreed to let me stay in the
: apartment on a month to month lease. Stipulating that if I reunited with my husband
: I would have to leave. This was an oral agreement. Well as of July 1999 I reunited
: with my husband and the landlord found out and now has served me notice of terminating
: my tenancy. Here's the catch - my husband feels that since it was not in writing we
: should go by the original lease(which by the way that expired April 1998). The
: landlord gave us a 30 day notice and wants us to leave by August 31st. We are happy
: here and are not prepared to leave. My husband told the landlord that we are not leaving
: and he cannot let anyone see the apartment. He warned him that we would call the
: police. We've been good tenants - paid rent on time and everything. Please I need
: advice. Will he be able to evict us and how long will we have. I'm prepared to
: go to housing court.
: P.S. Should I pay the rent for September

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name