Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: cancellation of lease contract: MA

Posted by Anna on September 12, 1999 at 23:59:29:

In Reply to: cancellation of lease contract posted by Suk Bin Lim on September 11, 1999 at 11:20:14:

: Please any one make some comments on my trial to break the lease contract from which I am suffering tremendously.
: Following are the copy of my letter to the lessor of my apartment. I am very curious wheather the comsummer protection law can apply this case,
: whch ahs 14 days refund polocy.
: Thank you for your kind answer.

In general: those Consumer Protection Laws don't apply to rental contracts for residences (YET: maybe in another 5 or 10 years...). Read your lease very carefully: even if it has one of those clauses making you responsible for the whole year's rent, the courts usually will not enforce it unless the landlord can show that even though he tried very hard, he could find a new tenant...

Please click on 'TenantNet Home' at the top of TenantNet Forum, then select Mass from the drop-down list of states. There are pages with more specific information and links to a Boston lawfirm with more information pages.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name