Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

waiting for godot (the co-op board)

Posted by anonymous on September 19, 1999 at 17:34:51:

I recently signed a lease on a co-op sublet in Manhattan. My sublet application was submitted to the management company, and
supposedly forwarded to the co-op board for approval (or so my broker tells me). The application fee and credit check fee checks were deposited.
I have submitted certified checks for first, last, security and the broker fee. The broker is holding on to these while we wait for my interview.

I am using a reputable broker so I don't doubt that my money is safe.

However, the board met this past Thursday, and still I have heard nothing. They are supposed to schedule an interview so that I can be approved on
time for my move-in date of October 1. That is less than 2 weeks from now. I am starting to get very nervous because no references have been called,
nor have I been contacted for an interview. I am the only person applying for this particular apartment.

Is there a chance that the co-op board will just blow me off and not bother with looking into my application, even though I am supposed to move
in a week from Friday??? And never tell me?? According to the management co, I am supposed to wait for the board to schedule an interview.

Very nervous about all this. Please post replies here. Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name