Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Getting Security Deposit Back

Posted by MH on September 24, 1999 at 12:22:35:

In Reply to: Getting Security Deposit Back posted by Jami on September 22, 1999 at 14:16:19:

: I have a slimy landlord, Tempo Managers, in NYC with whom I signed a 6 month lease renewal to terminate in February of 2000. I was transferred to the Midwest and needed to terminate the lease. I signed a lease termination agreement (to terminate lease effective October 12th) with slimy landlord stating that if a new tenant could not be found by November 12th the slimy landlord could keep my security deposit of $1300. I found a new tenant for slimy landlord who even agreed to pay landlord's seedy offspring a new broker fee for doing nothing but sitting on their lazy butts. Slimy landlord wouldn't even return the potential tenant's calls. I know he is plotting something that involves keeping my security deposit. What to do as I am trapped in the Midwest and realistically don't want to make a trip to NYC just to go to small claims court? ? Does anyone know of any contingency fee tenant attorneys? I'd be willing to give 50% of the deposit recovery to an attorney (or anyone else for that matter) just so slimy landlord doesn't make a profit. Thanks in advance.

Filing a complaint about a real estate broker
or agent:
NYS Department of State
Division of Licensing Services
270 Broadway
New York, New York 10007
(212) 417-5747
Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name