Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: illegal bronx apt....oh BOO hoo hoo!

Posted by CRAIG on September 29, 1999 at 16:49:43:

In Reply to: Re: illegal bronx apt....oh BOO hoo hoo! posted by richard on September 29, 1999 at 16:37:14:

: You don't have time to go to court....
: you have no lease.......
: you have 3 little doggies.......
: you caused your problems.....
: and you have no money.... What were you thinking? explain to us please!

: ------------------------------------------------
: : hello i am in an illegal attic apt in the bronx in a private house which i believe to b a one family home w/3 families in it. anyway... the thing i recieved from some man that delivered it said i am hereby summoned to appear to answer the verified complaint. it is in the housing court apparently he my ll can use housing cause the accessed tax value is under 25k anyhow the papers had no date no stamp and no index number i went to the court house and the clerk said that nothing had even been filed and that i had to go get the index # from the lawyer so i called the lawyer and they didnt have it they said they would get it the next day. well i now recieved a letter in the regurlar mail asking that i please go to housing court to file my answer to the complaint and it now has an index number the orig. papers i got said i had 20 days to get to court this new paper says at my earliest conv. is this a trick causr it also says go so there wont b a default judgement against me. i NEED TO KNOW THIS DONT THEY HAVE TO SERVE ME W/PAPERS SAYING I HAVE TO B AT COURT ON A CERTAIN DAY BLABLABLA I MEAN WHY DO I HAVE TO GO TO COURT UNTILL I HAVE TO GO THAT IS? DONT THEY HAVE TO DO THE WORK BY FILING AND WHAT EVER ELSE?? I DONT HAVE THE TIME TO GO TO COURT TILL I HAVE TO GO SO PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE PROCEDURE IS LEGALLY TO GET ME OUT OF MY APT. CAN THEY JUST GET THE SHERRIF AND THROW ME OUT AND DONT THEY HAVE TO SEND A REG. LETTER OR A DELIVERED LETTER SAYING WHEN I HAVE TO GO TO COURT IN REGARDS TO.... THANK YOU PS I HAVE NO MONEY TO MOVE IT COSTS OVER 1500 TO MOVE AND I DONT HAVE IT THEY WANT THE APT FOR THE INLAWS BUT I NEED MORE TIME OR HELP W/MONEY FOR MOVOING I HAVE 3 LIL DOGS AND I CAN NOT FIND AN APT EITHER IF IT WASNT FOR THESE PROBLEMS I WOUDL LEAVE ASAP HOWEVER I CAN NOT THANKS

I HAVE MONEY TO PAY MY RENT BUT I DO NOT HAVE THE EXTRA 2100 TO MOVE JUST CAUSE MY LL IS AN ASS. I HAVE 3 LIL DOGS CAUSE I RESCUED THEM THERE ARE REAL DIRT BAGS IN THIS WORLD THAT THROW THEIR ANIMALS IN THE STREET WHEN THEY ARE UNHAPPY W/THEM AND THEY SHOULD B SHOT. AS FOR LL'S THEY SHOULD NOT GET INTO RENTING PROPS IF THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING THEY ALSO SHOULDNT GET INTO LL'ING AND MESS W /PPL'S LLIVES IF THEY ARENT SURE THAT THAT IS WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. THEY SHOULD NOT RENT AN APT. KNOWING THEY ARE ONLY GONNA DO IT FOR A CERTAIN TIME PERIOD IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN MAKE SURE AND TELL THE TENANTS TO AVOID PROBLEMS. I CAUSED NO PROBLEMS I PAID MY RENT DIDNT MAKE NOISE AND KEPT TO MYSELF SO IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY DONT BOTHER SAYING ANYTHING.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name