Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rights as an occupant...huh?

Posted by richard on October 04, 1999 at 23:13:33:

In Reply to: Rights as an occupant posted by Justin O'Grady on October 04, 1999 at 21:27:09:

Hey man whats you problem,

you got no money.....what you didnt save any money when the rent was
cheap, and you want sympathy now?

GET a LIFE...........GET OUT its not your apartment!

--------------------------------------------------------------

: I live in NYC, NY in a 2 unit private building that has been around forever in TriBeCa. The building is not under any rent regulation as far as I know. I was invited into a loft by two other friends/occupants in order to help subsidize the rent. After living here for 36 months, my roommates want me to move on and find my own place.
: I said that I would look for a new place and I further promised one of my roommates that I would move out by a certain time. He subsequently moved in his fiancee. Unfortunately, I got laid off from work and my roommate (the one who moved in his finacee) is harassing me to move out. I really am not in a position to move out of the apt/loft yet and it is really indefinite how long it will take me to move out. Yet, the roommate who moved in his fiancee continues to harass me. My name was not on the lease from the beginning and the other two roommates just renewed the lease for two more years without my knowledge.
: In fact, there is no written contract or subcontract between me and my roommates or anybody for that matter. Do I have any rights as an occupant? (i.e., Is my name as good as being on the lease according to some occupancy law?)
: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name