Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord won't allow cable TV

Posted by Mark Smith on October 14, 1999 at 16:37:49:

In Reply to: Landlord won't allow cable TV posted by David Stafford on October 14, 1999 at 15:10:02:

Pursuant to §828 of the Executive Law, you have a right to cable television service.

Contact the Public Service Commission and put pressure on Time Warner to get cable service. Time Warner can bring a proceeding with the PSC to force your landlord to allow the installation.

:
: Dear anyone with info,

: I have a rent stabilized lease on a 1BR apartment in a 4 story, 24 unit building
: in Astoria, NY (Queens). Though the area is cable ready, my landlord will not
: allow his precious building to be wired for cable. Evidently he is uptight about
: the prospect of unsightly holes resulting from the installations. I understand
: that it is his building (he lives on the 1st floor) and he can do (or not do)
: whatever he wants. Fine. The real hypocrisy is in the fact that he has a
: satellite dish on the roof for his use and, even more frustrating, for the use of
: another tenant above him in the same line. He refuses to allow anyone else to use
: the roof, windows, or anywhere else for a similar dish. The guy is just a
: hateful creep. I know it's only TV--the apts are clean, renovated, and quite lovely
: otherwise--but our reception stinks and it just seems so unfair considering his
: dish on the roof. My question: do I have any sort legal recourse? At this point
: we just want to move, which we are planning to do in the spring of '01.

: Thanks for listening to my rant...

: DBS

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name